What documents are required to create my account?
Below is a list of USPS-approved identification. In order to receive a Scan Mailboxes mailing address, you must provide two (2) of your identification:
Important: Two (2) types of identifications are required. One MUST contain a photograph of the individual.
ACCEPTABLE — MUST BE UNEXPIRED AND VALID
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid state identification card
- Valid state concealed weapon license/permit ID card
- Armed forces (military) identification card*
- Government identification card*
- University identification card*
- Recognized corporate identification card*
- Unexpired Passport
- US Passport Card*
- Alien registration card*
- Certificate of Naturalization or Certificate of U.S. Citizenship
- Valid Global Entry/NEXUS Identification Card*
- Current Lease
- Current mortgage
- Current Deed of Trust
- Voter registration card
- Vehicle registration card
- Home insurance policy
- Vehicle insurance policy
*Must show both sides.
USPS will not accept the following identifications so please do not use nor send a copy of unacceptable identification(s) to us:
- Social Security card
- Credit card
- Birth certificate
- Checking or Savings Account Statement
In case you were wondering if this requirement applies only to Scan Mailboxes customers. The short answer is no. The long answer is the Postal Consent Form (PS Form 1583) requirement applies to all other mailbox rental service providers such as private mailbox rental companies and executive suites mail service companies. Even with the PO Box through US Postal Service, they still will require you to provide the same type of identification documents but with their own form known as PS Form 1903.