On October 22, Better Business Bureau serving the Heart of Texas announced this year’s winners of the Torch Awards for Marketplace Ethics.
Six categories were available for entry, based on the size of the business. This year we received a record number of 89 entries.
BBB serving the Heart of Texas is proud to announce the winners of the 2019 Torch Awards for Marketplace Ethics:
- 1-10 employees category: Scan Mailboxes Solutions LLC, in the Austin Region
- 11-20 employees category: PentaVia Custom Homes, in the Fort Worth Region
- 21-40 employees category: LAM Technology, LLC, in the Fort Worth Region
- 41-60 employees category: Ascend Marketing LLC, in the Fort Worth Region
- 61-99 employees category: Comfort Experts, Inc., in the Fort Worth Region
- 100+ employees category: Jon Wayne Service Company, in the San Antonio Region
We would like to thank our judges, who volunteered their time to evaluate each entry. One winner was chosen per category, based on community involvement and BBB’s core values of excellence, integrity, teamwork, trust and respect.
- Jeff Stubbs, business owner and lecturer at Baylor University
- Collette Portis, business owner, business coach, author and speaker
- Enrique Romero, managing partner of the M&A advisory firm, The Midessa Group
- Kimberly Weislo, business owner and account executive at a leading media marketing company
- John Etchieson, current BBB historian and former president and CEO of BBB serving the Heart of Texas
- Leroy J. Wormley, former IBM executive and CBBB executive committee member
Congratulations to all of our winners!